Version 2.2.0 of Cake has been released. Take it for a spin and give us feedback on our discussion board.
Highlights of this release
- Opt-in script caching
- New aliases for using
dotnet workload search
- Fixes in UNC and relative path collapsing
- Improved handling of .NET runtime reference assemblies
The new opt-in script compilation cache is probably the most anticipated feature in this release, it enables significantly faster subsequent executions of unchanged scripts.
This new behavior is off by default, but can be enabled using Cake Configuration.
Full details of everything that was included in this release can be seen below.
As part of this release we had 19 issues closed.
- #3821 PostAction is not setable on DotNetSettings.
- #3485 Add alias for dotnet workload search command.
- #2099 Cache compiled script on disk.
- #3866 Update Microsoft.NETCore.Platforms to 6.0.3.
- #3854 Update Spectre.Console to 0.44.0.
- #3851 Update System.Reflection.Metadata to 6.0.1.
- #3846 Update Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.Scripting to 4.1.0.
- #3844 Update Microsoft.NETCore.Platforms to 6.0.2.
- #3843 Update NuGet.* to 6.1.0.
- #2763 Provide property to return parent directory on DirectoryPath.
- #2431 UploadFile should support option of username/password.
- #3819 Update Git Release Manager Comment template to remove Cake NuGet package and Chocolatey portable.
PathCollapser.Collapsebreaks UNC paths.
PathCollapser.Collapseshows wrong output for if
..is the second segment in the path.
- #3823 Executing a cake script leads to System.IO.FileNotFoundException for several System.(...) assemblies.
- #3735 Incorrect warnings in diagnostic logs.