Version 0.38.0 of Cake has been released.
In this version we've got a few features and improvements and one bug fix, full list of changes at end of this post
One of the main features is the enabling of ANSI escape codes. Cake will now automatically detect whether a CI system supports ANSI escape codes, and if it does it will use them, rather than using System.Console.ForegroundColor, or similar. This gives a much richer output on systems such as GitHub Actions.
Within the timeframe of this release, we were very happy to welcome Enrico Campidoglio into the Cake Team. Enrico is the person behind the creation of the GitHub Action for Cake, which has now been brought into the Cake GitHub Organisation. We are very grateful to Enrico for the work in creating this action! Welcome to the Team!
🍰Huge thanks to our community! It wouldn't have been possible without your support and contributions!❤
Contributions were included from:
- Dave Moor
Full details of everything that was included in this release can be seen below.
As part of this release we had 26 issues closed.
- #2784 Add NuGet Delete functionality.
- #2749 Add support for ANSI escape codes.
- #2728 Add dotnet NuGet source commands.
- #2718 Add binary logger to dotnet MSBuild settings.
- #2785 Provide additional logging for tool resolver.
- #2778 Update Roslyn to 3.6.0.
- #2768 Add an option to skip the default warning/error output when running JetBrains command line tools.
- #2764 Additional Jenkins information.
- #2752 MSTestRunner prioritizes VS2017 over VS2019.
- #2745 Extend XmlPeekSettings with FileShare.* option.
- #2733 NuGetSetApiKey with Verbosity set to Quiet causes an exception.
- #2730 Better handling for GitVersion failure cases.
- #2715 Add missing dotnet NuGet command options.
- #2714 Squash warning when skip package version check.
- #2710 Add GitHub Actions GITHUB_RUN_ID & GITHUB_RUN_NUMBER.
- #2658 Rename TFBuild alias to AzurePipelines.
- #2077 Locating the correct vstest.console.exe (VS2017).
- #2735 Improve documentation for MSBuild alias to make clear that also MSBuild projects can be passed.
- #2777 Add additional tests for Cake.Core.IO.
- #2773 Bump .NET Core SDK to 3.1.300.
- #2770 Bump Cake script dependencies.
- #2766 Update to .NET Core SDK 3.1.202.
- #2759 Update to .NET Core SDK 3.1.201.
- #2739 Bump .NET Core SDK to 3.1.200.
- #2378 Publish Cake packages with symbols and EmbedAllSources or SourceLink.
- #2721 NuGet package name/path should be added in quotes .