Version 0.34.0 of Cake has been released.
First we would like to say a delayed happy birthday to Cake, in May it was five years since the first release of Cake.
It's been a great journey building a truly fully cross platform and cross environment build system, utilizing the power of C# and .NET giving the same experience regardless of running locally, running on build server, in a container, on .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono etc.
This journey wouldn't have been possible without an amazing community of contributors and users, we're really thankful for your support and we're just amazed with the fact that the runtime has been downloaded over five million times on NuGet, Docker Hub, Chocolatey and Homebrew.
We are no way near the end of the journey and believe it or not there's great progress on version 1.0, you can follow the work on version 1.0 in this pr.
In this version we've several features, improvements and bug fixes, full details below but a few highlights in this release:
- Improved MSBuild 16 (VS2019) tool resolution
- Update to Roslyn version 3.0.0
- Updated to NuGet client version 5
- NuGet pack support for several new nuspec elements
Contributions were included from:
- Bäriswyl Roman
Full details of everything that was included in this release can be seen below.
As part of this release we had 17 issues closed.
- #2519 Not able to build project with ToolsVersion="15.0".
- #2560 Runtime property is missing for 'dotnet pack', 'dotnet run' and 'dotnet clean'.
- #2556 DotNetCoreTestSettings: Missing RunTime Property which is needed for RID builds.
- #2551 Call MSBuild without specifying a target does not use DefaultTarget.
- #2536 Additional formatting options on XmlPoke.
- #2531 Update to NuGet client libraries to v5.
- #2530 Remove dependency on NuGet.PackageManagement.
- #2521 Update to Roslyn 3.0.0.
- #2499 NuGet Pack with assembly references support.
- #2156 Add newer nuspec properties to NuGetPackSettings.
- #1618 Support different Git servers in TeamCityPullRequestInfo.
- #2553 cake 0.33.0 compilation is failing for System.Net.Http.HttpClient on Mono 126.96.36.199.
- #2535 OctoPack doesn't work on Linux.
- #2161 If NuGet ConfigFile directive in cake configuration file has no folder — error rises.
- #2157 NuGetPack with nuspec that contains contentFiles becomes invalid.