Version 0.33.0 of Cake has been released.
In this version we had contributions from 21 contributors outside of the core Cake Team members! This is an amazing number, and we thank everyone for their contributions!
During this release, all the Cake Team Members were in the same place at the same time (at the Microsoft MVP Summit), and we were able to sit together around the same table and discuss a number of the outstanding PR's that we had on the repository. We were able to get down from 26 open PR's to just 5 (which has now increased again to 7). It was great to meet all the team members (some for the first time), and discuss the future of Cake. We have lots of plans for the future, and are all looking forward to continuing to contribute to the project.
This release see a number of long waited features being added, including the ability to use a globbing pattern within the #load directive. As well as this, a number of improvements were included, and a number of bugs squashed. All of these are detailed below in the release notes section.
If you have ever been interested in peeking behind the scenes at "how" we do a Cake Release, I actually did a live stream of the Cake 0.33.0 version. This is now published to my YouTube Channel, and you can watch it back here, if you are interested. We are aware that there are some steps in our release process that can be further automated, and this is one of the areas that you are likely to see some change in 2019. Watch this space!
- If you are using GitVersion 3.x.x you may run into issues as a result of the changes that were made in this issue. Version 4 of GitVersion introduced changes to the verbosity setting that it uses, and Cake has been updated to use this setting, in line with the current verbosity that Cake is executing with. As a result of this change, users of GitVersion 3.x.x will see an error when it attempts to parse the verbosity setting. The current recommendation is to update to version 4.x.x of GitVersion.
Contributions were included from:
- Yan Sklyarenko
- Joseph Vaughan
- Timothée Lecomte
- Michael Aldworth
- Joe Harrison
NOTE: When a GitHub Profile hasn't been configured properly, the automated tool we use to generate the above list isn't able to find a GitHub profile to link to, that is why they appear as text only.
Full details of everything that was included in this release can be seen below.
As part of this release we had 44 issues closed.
- #2514 Add additional report types for ReportGenerator.
- #2130 Add exceptions thrown to TaskTeardownContext.
- #2141 Add Verbosity property to GitVersionSettings.
- #2456 Add logging aliases to override the log verbosity.
- #2453 Unify pull request status across providers.
- #2440 Add EnvironmentVariable
- #2400 Add globber pattern support to the #load directive.
- #2507 Cake.CoreCLR can't handle whitespace in path.
- #2491 Add additional Azure DevOps (TFBuild) properties.
- #2484 Octopus Deploy 2019.1 and Spaces feature.
- #2478 Lock file arguments for NuGet and dotnet restore.
- #2474 TeamCityProvider.BuildProblem method should conform to TeamCity API .
- #2472 Expose ICakeConfiguration (or specific values like tools path) on context.
- #2465 Roundhouse dotnet tool does not run.
- #2463 DoesForEach don't support data context for items functions.
- #2462 Added unit tests for Cake.Core.
- #2459 Add MSBuildPath to NuGetRestoreSettings.
- #2449 ARM64 missing from MSBuild target platform.
- #2445 Add OnError
- #2433 NugetRestore still using msbuild 15.
- #2429 Add provider name to BuildSystem.
- #2415 Add support for MSBuild options to enable RestoreLockedMode.
- #2393 MethodAliasGenerator doesn't generate parameter attributes.
- #2345 Allow NuGetRestoreSettings to opt out of setting -NonInteractive.
- #2270 Allow to listen and modify redirected standard output of a process.
- #2124 Add Support for IEnumerable tokens on TextTransformationExtensions.
- #2087 Include more detailed exception information when Exception is AggregateException.
- #2026 Support for additional SignTool flags.
- #2019 Clean up some parser tests.
- #1384 Enhancement: Add support for filtering files in Globbing alias.
- #820 Log tools command-line at higher log level (preferably default).
- #2512 TFBuildPublishCodeCoverageData xml comments minor typo.
- #2025 The tool path for MSpec needs to be changed in the documentation .
- #2504 Update .NET Core SDK 2.1.505.
- #2487 Warn and skip code gen for duplicate aliases.
- #2481 FilePath and DirectoryPath implicit conversions should return null when passed null.
- #2473 ParseAssemblyInfo does not support .NET Core generated assembly info .
- #2468 DotNet commands do not respect the verbosity.
- #2439 HtmlInline_AzurePipelines and MHtml shares the same numeric value.
- #2432 Azure Pipelines build system not recognized with non-Windows jobs.
- #2088 VSWhere -requires and -products argument values are quoted but VSWhere doesn't support multiple values in quotes.
- #2503 Fix T4 integration test.
- #2501 Don't explicitly exclude GitVersion from executing on non-windows systems.
- #2423 (build) Switch to GitReleaseManager Global Tool.