Version 0.32.0 of Cake has been released.
This is the first release for 2019, but before we focus on the new, a short retrospect of 2018. In 2018 we had 11 releases of Cake, hundreds of PRs from over fifty individual contributors, hundreds of issues raised and closed, and millions of downloads. All in all, it sums up to an active and healthy community – which we’re very grateful for, thank you!
A trend we saw in 2018 was that more and more tools start to come as .NET Global tools (including Cake itself) and most of these have been added to Cake tool resolution, allowing you with minimal changes run in a pure .NET Core environment.
This release has several improvements and fixes, to note a few, Cake’s Zip archive functionality has been greatly improved, initial support for VS2019 / MSBuild 16 has been added, a complete list of changes can be found below.
Happy New Year!
- Chocolatey pack has a regression in this release, we'll try to release a hotfix 0.32.1 as soon as possible.
Contributions were included from:
Full details of everything that was included in this release can be seen below.
As part of this release we had 17 issues closed.
- #2420 Add new label alias for GitReleaseManager.
- #2419 Extend GitReleaseManager aliases to use token parameter.
- #2424 Support computer cert store with SignTool.
- #2417 Extend GetToolExecutableNames for GitReleaseManager.
- #2412 TFBuildCommand PublishCodeCoverage API Changes.
- #2410 Add Global Tool and new arguments support in TextTemplatingAliases.
- #2398 Support MsBuild version (16).
- #2381 Zip should behave by default like standard Zip utilities.
- #2379 Add an Encoding parameter to TextTransformation.Save.
- #2327 Missing report types for ReportGenerator.
- #2294 Add fluent API to enable MSBuild binary logger.
- #2249 Unhelpful error when #loading a missing nuget package.
- #2243 Missing ResultsDirectory when using DotNetCoreVSTest.
- #1973 Add Products prop to VSWhereSettings.
- #2397 Fix missing parenthesis and missing setting.
- #2403 Update Travis CI to supported version of Mono.
- #2394 License file missing in Chocolatey package.