Version 0.21.0 of Cake has been released.
So, let's be clear, this release will break things - but it is all intentional!
This release is mostly about bringing the .NET Core aliases up-to-date with .NET Core SDK 1.0.4, which is the latest RTM/stable version.
The shift to using MSBuild and from
csproj project system has resulted in many breaking changes and additions to the .NET CLI.
Regardless of intentional or unintentional breaking changes, the possibility of new releases breaking something is why we always recommend you pin the version of Cake you're running, thus avoiding any unplanned broken builds. You can read more about pinning Cake version here.
Huge thanks to Jonathan Kuleff, who has done a brilliant job and epic effort in methodically going through the .NET CLI and Cake aliases identifying what's been changed, removed or added! It's been great working with you through these pull-requests.
And as always thanks to all Cake contributors and users, Cake wouldn't have been possible without you!
Contributions were included from:
Full details of everything that was included in this release can be seen below.
As part of this release we had 20 issues closed. .NET Core 1.0 Tooling
- #1533 Update DotNetCore Aliases to match tooling 1.0
- #1554 Updated DotNetCoreTest inline with Tooling v1.0
- #1553 Updated DotNetCorePack inline with Tooling v1.0
- #1552 Updated DotNetCorePublish inline with Tooling v1.0
- #1551 Updated DotNetCoreExecute inline with Tooling v1.0
- #1550 Updated DotNetCoreBuild inline with Tooling v1.0
- #1534 Updated DotNetCoreRestore inline with Tooling v1.0
- #1599 Added support for dotnet msbuild inline with Tooling v1.0
- #1591 Add support for choco download
- #1581 Added support for dotnet nuget push inline with Tooling v1.0
- #1577 .NET Core CLI tools - Surfacing additional commands with a new alias: DotNetCoreTool
- #1565 Added support for dotnet nuget delete inline with Tooling v1.0
- #1555 Added support for
dotnet cleaninline with Tooling v1.0
- #1549 Common changes for DotNetCore Alias
- #1679 Cake on dotnet core doesn't load reference dll correctly if referenced from a subdirectory