Version 0.20.0 of Cake has been released.
This release hopefully contains no new features!
But nevertheless it's the result of a great team effort. With this release we've finally migrated from VS2015 and .NET Core preview bits and project.json to VS2017 / .NET Core SDK 1.0.4 and csproj. This release also contains a few documentation improvements.
It's been a little more work than expected to get everything to compile and test successfully cross platform using the new SDK, but now the yak if finally shaved and we have an release out!
Our goal is for there to be no breaking changes with this build, but there's certainly a risk of that as changing underlying SDK and build tooling is a substantial move of cheese.
This is why we always recommend you pin the version of Cake you're running to avoid any unplanned broken builds. You can read more about pinning Cake version here.
Huge thanks to all Cake contributors and users, Cake wouldn't have been possible without you!
Contributions were included from:
Full details of everything that was included in this release can be seen below.
As part of this release we had 11 issues closed.
- #1539 Update solution to Visual Studio 2017
- #1640 Fetch version from solutioninfo & remove newtonsoft dependency
- #1638 Unix Integration tests fail post new SDK
- #1635 Non Nuspec assemblies not packaged after VS2017 upgrade
- #1603 Push Cake.NuGet to MyGet/NuGet
- #1538 Update DotNetInstallerUri to https://dot.net/v1/dotnet-install.ps1
- #1620 Improve documentation for RedirectStandardError and RedirectStandardOutput
- #1613 Added documentation link to NUnit3Settings.Where
- #1605 Fix the contribution-guidelines link again
- #1604 Fix the contribution guidelines link in the README
- #1595 Add Alistair and Martin names to all required places
The Cake's dependency
NuGet.Core has been updated from
2.14.0, these means that if you're using an earlier version of
NuGet.Core as a reference or addin in your build scripts you'll as reported issue #1642 get an error while executing the script, thanks danwalmsley for reporting!
The solution is to update to use same version as shipped with Cake i.e.
gets changed to
and the make sure any old version of
NuGet.Core is removed from your addin folder.