The philosophy behind Cake is to reduce the number of dependencies for Cake as well as to not store executable in the source code repository. Instead a set of conventions are used to locate executables on disc.
- Use explicitly set tool path.
- Try to find the tool by searching
- Look through all paths in the
PATHenvironment variable and look for
- Ask the tool wrapper for additional, alternative paths.
By inheriting from the Tool
- Error handling
- Finally block
- Setup and teardown
- Running targets
- Arguments and environment vars
- Script aliases
- Preprocessor directives
- Default Configuration Values
- Installing tools
- Tool resolution